At the final rehearsal before the Summer Break on Friday 25th July 2014, Holman-Climax Male Voice Choir held its Annual General Meeting where the choir officers reported on another highly successful year.
There were many highlights throughout the year which include:
- Trip to Leicestershire and the concerts held at The Palace in Ibstock at St Mary’s Church in Melton Mowbray.
- Winning at Camborne Music Festival.
- Community Concerts where the Choir were joined by Dalla and Hannah Pascoe.
- Joint Concert with Saltash Ladies Choir
- Massed concert at the Royal Albert Hall
- Visit to Delabole Methodist Church
- Joint concert to celebrate Four Lanes Male Choir 70th Anniversary Concert with St Stythians Male Voice Choir
- Trevithick Day – singing on the steps of the Old Trelawarren Street Chapel which is now Costa Coffee.
Through out the year a number of choir members reached significant milestones in their singing careers with Holman-Climax Male Voice Choir which were formally acknowledged by the presentation of Long Service Certificates from the Choir.
The guest of honour Linda Jones who is the Secretary of the Cornish Federation of Male Voice Choirs also presented certificates on behalf of the Federation for long service to male voice choirs which includes previous service with other choirs. Linda also presented the Choir with a certificate to recognize the entry David Oates made on behalf of the choir for the Federation’s President’s Plate Award.
A significant milestone was also reached, too, by Derrick Richards, who has celebrated 60 years of singing in Male Voice Choirs. Derrick’s service was recognized by the choir at the cutting of a suitably inscribed cake along with the presentation of his well earned certificates.
The choir recognized, once again, the debt owed to the musical director Angela Renshaw, who is ably assisted by her deputy, Andrew Thomas and our joint accompanist Margaret Callaway and Ria Clemens.
The choir as always extend a warm welcome to anyone who wished to sample male voice singing at the Friday night rehearsals at 7.30pm that recommence on Friday 5th September 2014 at Camborne School.